[R] how to set chart output size in rgl (surface3d)?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 04:31:06 CEST 2010

Mandy Xu wrote:
> Hi R users,
>
> Does anyone know how to change the size of 3d charts? I'm using surface3d in
> rgl package, opening a new window each time to display the chart. I want it
> so that the chart fills the whole window, because when I output it to png, I
> don't want all the white space around the chart (right now, i'm getting this
> white "border" around the chart because the chart is smaller than the
> window).
>
> I know how to set the size of the window, but not the chart. When I make the
> window smaller, the chart automatically resizes so it gets even smaller. Is
> there a way to set the chart output size so it fills all (or most) of the
> window?

Open a window, resize it to the look you want (the right button
resizes), then save the par3d("zoom") value into r3dDefaults$zoom.  That
will be the default zoom for new windows you open using open3d.  (You
may also want to save par3d("userMatrix") into r3dDefaults$userMatrix,
if you want to change the orientation of the default view.)

Duncan Murdoch