[R] some QCA questions

Wincent ronggui.huang at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 06:08:12 CEST 2010

I didn't see any response, so I pick it up.

I don't think there is exact method to calculate the RAM use. Given
that you have a data set, QCA and R, you can just try to run the model
and see if it can hanlde it.
My hunch is that if you don't use remainders in the boolean
minimization process, it might work. Otherwise, it is really hard to
say.
QCA has implemented mvQCA. Not sure about fsQCA, maybe soon.

Besides QCA, you can try QCA3 (http://asrr.r-forge.r-project.org/).
fs_tt can construct truthTable which can be passed to QCA::eqmcc. QCA3
offers functions for csQCA, mvQCA and fsQCA. The developed version
also can handle TQAC discussed in  Ragin, Charles C. and Sarah Ilene
Strand (2008). However, I have to admit that QCA3 is a bit slower than
QCA.

Regards
Ronggui