[R] NLS "Singular Gradient" Error

bsnrh bsnrh at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Apr 28 16:08:00 CEST 2010

No success means that I was not successful in changing the outputed error. It
had no effect on the model.

Thank you for your suggestions;

The first returns this error;
"Error in lm.fit(x, y, offset = offset, singular.ok = singular.ok, ...) :
  NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call (arg 4)"

I don't understand your reasoning behind the second suggestion, but assuming
you mean "a*a*Ne + b*b" and not "aa*Ne + bb" the following error occurs;
"Error in numericDeriv(form[[3L]], names(ind), env) :
  Missing value or an infinity produced when evaluating the model"

Many thanks,