[R] Find solution for an error in the condition of if

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 11:20:15 CEST 2010

On 30/04/2010 4:19 AM, anderson nuel wrote:
> Dear r-help,
>
> Could you help me to find a solution for this error:
>
> Il y a eu 50 avis ou plus (utilisez warnings() pour voir les 50 premiers)
>

>> warnings()
>>
> Messages d'avis :
> 1: In if ((data[pa, k] == df[, j]) & (data[ch, k] == i)) { ... :
>   la condition a une longueur > 1 et seul le premier élément est utilisé

It's saying that the condition has length > 1 and only the first element
is used.  This is probably coming from the first part of the test:
data[pa,k] will be scalar, but df[,j] looks like a vector of every
element in column j.  The result is a vector with as many entries as you
have rows in df.  Only the first of them will be compared to data[pa, k].

Duncan Murdoch