[R] read SAS dataset using read.ssd()

array chip arrayprofile at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 23:18:32 CEST 2010

Hi, I am using read.ssd() from foreign package to read some SAS datasets. I have
2 types of SAS datasets, one with "sas7bdat" extension, the other with "ssd01"
extension. I have no problem with the first dataset type, but got the following
error message with the 2nd dataset type (with "ssd01" extension):

test<-read.ssd("C:/Documents and Settings/Desktop","test",sascmd="C:/Program
Files/SAS/SASFoundation/9.2/sas.exe")

SAS failed.  SAS program at C:\DOCUME~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rtmp08209e\file65b5504.sas

The log file will be file65b5504.log in the current directory
Warning message:
In read.ssd("C:/Documents and Settings/Desktop", "test", sascmd = "C:/Program
Files/SAS/SASFoundation/9.2/sas.exe") :
  SAS return code was 2

Attached please find the log file. Thanks for any suggestions.

John