[R] Disable options(echo=T) that was set in .Rprofile without showing anything to the screen

thmsfuller066 at gmail.com thmsfuller066 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 03:21:20 CEST 2010

Hello All,

I have the following line and some other lines in my .Rprofile.

options(echo=T)

To disable it, I have the following in the first line in the script.
But 'Rscript a_script.R' still shows ">options(echo=F)", which I want
to get rid of it as well.

options(echo=F)

I tried to use the following command line option of Rscript, but I
still see ">options(echo=F)" printed.

-e "options(echo=F)"

The "--no-init-file" option of Rscript doens't work for me as there
are some other lines in my .Rprofile that I want to use.

Would you please let me know if there is a way to disable "echo"
without showing anything to the screen with Rscript?

--
Tom