[R] build.pl in building library with Rtools211

Hintzen, Niels Niels.Hintzen at wur.nl
Thu Aug 5 15:50:19 CEST 2010

Dear all,

As I couldn't find any thread on the internet I hope the help-list might help me out.

I've tried to update Rtools from R210 used in combination with R2.9.1 to R211 in combination with R2.11.1. However, I do not succeed.

I have R2.11.1 running, as well as Inno Setup 5, HTML help and MikTex. A version of Perl is installed too. Environment variable paths are set to link to these directories too.

However, when I try to build a library using: R CMD BUILD mypackage it immediately crashes as apparently it cannot find the file 'build' in R-2.11.1/bin. Indeed, this file is not present there (only build.pl) while this file is present in the R-2.9.1/bin directory.

What obvious thing am I doing wrong.

Your help is much appreciated.

With regards,

Niels Hintzen