[R] Latex errors when checking package

Christian Hennig chrish at stats.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Aug 6 23:47:00 CEST 2010

Dear listers,

I just run R CMD check on an update of one of my packages.
All seems fine but after having gone through all the Rd-file and example
checking and so on, I get the following kind of errors:

LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.
LaTeX errors found:
! Font T1/ptm/m/n/10=ptmr8t at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not
found
.
<to be read again>
                    relax
l.7 \begin{document}
! Font T1/ptm/m/n/24.88=ptmr8t at 24.88pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file
not f
ound.
<to be read again>

(and similar ones)

l.18 ...ian Hennig \email{chrish at stats.ucl.ac.uk}}
! \textfont 0 is undefined (character h).
\Url at FormatString ...\Url at String \UrlRight \m at th $

l.41 ...http://www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~ucakche/}}

! \textfont 0 is undefined (character t).
\Url at FormatString ...\Url at String \UrlRight \m at th $

l.41 ...http://www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~ucakche/}}

! \textfont 0 is undefined (character t).
\Url at FormatString ...\Url at String \UrlRight \m at th $

(...and lots of further ones that look preety much the same.)

I have no idea what went wrong and don't see anything suspicious in the
Rd-files.

Any hint what this could be about?
Is something missing in my LATEX-installation?

Thanks and best regards,
Christian

Christian Hennig
University College London, Department of Statistical Science
Gower St., London WC1E 6BT, phone +44 207 679 1698
chrish at stats.ucl.ac.uk, www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~ucakche