[R] brew equivalent of "R CMD Sweave"

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 01:10:15 CEST 2010

Dear Duncan

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 18:46:55 -0400
Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can run a single R command from the command line using the -e
> option, so
>
> R -e "brew::brew('featurefull.brew')"
>
> (or some variation on that, depending on how your shell handles
> quotes) will run that one command.  Use R --help to see other
> options, e.g. to suppress the banner, etc.

Thank you for the suggestion. Just tried from the command line and it
seems to work. I'm slightly puzzled, however, that this option is not
documented in R --help or man R:
liviu at debian-liv:~$ R --help | grep -i "\-e"
  --encoding=ENC        Specify encoding to be used for stdin
  --no-environ          Don't read the site and user environment files
			--no-init-file and --no-environ
  LINK			Front-end for creating executable programs

I'm running 2.10.1. Thanks again
Liviu