[R] How to start R

Xu Wang xuwang762 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 03:15:00 CEST 2010

Hi satimis, I also use Ubuntu 10.04 and R. I just wanted to say that it is
very hard to get started in R. I'm guessing you know this, but I just wanted
to add some encouragement and mention that if you find yourself getting
frustrated at times or taking a very long time to do things that are
extremely simple, do not give up! Once you struggle through it, you will be
amazed at how much control you have over your data.

Also, I would highly recommend getting a book. I'm not sure what the best
ones are: R in a nutshell is quite good (and can be found at borders and
barnes and noble). I think it's like 40 dollars but if you can spare it it's
worth it in my opinion. The intro pdf is very well written but is too
concise I think.

Best of luck and enjoy the ride!