[R] recurrent events

avsha38 AVSHALO2 at POST.TAU.AC.IL
Mon Aug 9 10:40:57 CEST 2010

Hello,
I have a cohort with approx 1,200 patients at the ages of 30-65 that had
their first myocardial infarction during 1992:
•	They were in a follow up until 2005.
•	About 400 of them died during this period of time (right censored)
•	Each one of them had up to 4 mi recurrent events.
I am using the semi-parametric model in order to assess the relationship of
predictors to rate of occurrence allowing for multiple events per subject.
The exposure variable ("ESHKOL") is the socio-economic of the neighborhood
while adjusting for additional variables such as age, sex, etc. In addition
each patient has geo- statics -code for his neighborhood ("stat_unit").
I ran an Andersen Gill model:
Ag<-coxph(Surv(TStart,TStop,Status)~ ESHKOL+VAR1+
VAR2+cluster(id),data=recmi)
My questions are:
•	I would like to check the unique effect of the "stat_unit" variable. How
can I write it in code?
•	In your opinion does the AG model is the best model for this type of data?
Or should I use models that consider the order of the events such as PWP or
WLW?
Thank you, Avi.