[R] error (code 12)

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Aug 9 14:55:05 CEST 2010

On Aug 9, 2010, at 8:23 AM, khazaei at ceremade.dauphine.fr wrote:

> Hi,
> I am runing R on my  mac and  I  get this error:
>
> R(206,0xa01ad720) malloc: *** mmap(size=4000002048) failed (error
> code=12)
> *** error: can't allocate region
> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
> R(206,0xa01ad720) malloc: *** mmap(size=4000002048) failed (error
> code=12)
> *** error: can't allocate region
> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
> Is there any an easy way to overcome this error?

Please read the Posting Guide. You have not offered any information
that would allow anyone to replicate or investigate your system-
generated error.

?sessionInfo

> Any help or information would be great, thanks
> I am using  Mac OS X 10.5.8.

Same as I. Probably should be reposted (after read the R-Mac Faq _and_
you supply the missing information that render this question basically
unanswerable) on R-MAC-SIG. If this is happening on startuop then pay
particular attention to 12.16.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT