[R] Good Book To Work Through This Summer

Matt Shotwell shotwelm at musc.edu
Mon Aug 9 14:56:10 CEST 2010

There are some book-length documents (downloadable for free) at the
contributed documentation section of the R project website here:

http://cran.r-project.org/other-docs.html

In particular, the book “Practical Regression and Anova using R” by
Julian Faraway looks to have the content you want, though I haven't read
it myself. There are other high quality authors in the list also.

-Matt

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 03:20 -0400, Ondrej Vozar wrote:
> Hello,
> I think that good introduction for application oriented people is book of
> Peter Dalgaard, Introductory Statistics with R
> http://www.springer.com/statistics/computanional+statistics/book/978-0-387-79053-4
> This book is good for mastering basics of R.
>
> Book I like the one of John Fox, An R and S-PLUS Companion to Applied
> Regression
> http://socserv.socsci.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Books/Companion/index.html
>
> But there are dozens of books on this topic.
> Best regards,
> Ondrej Vozar.
>
> On 9 August 2010 06:38, TGS <cran.questions at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear R users,
> >
> > I'm hoping to get a few suggestions about which books are good to follow
> > along and learn R.
> >
> > I'm hoping to spend the summer going through a good R book as it is applied
> > in linear regression.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Matthew S. Shotwell
Graduate Student
Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
Medical University of South Carolina