[R] package names in Latex

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Mon Aug 9 16:45:39 CEST 2010

On Aug 9, 2010, at 9:30 AM, Erin Hodgess wrote:

> Dear R People:
>
> When putting R package names in Latex, do we use \it or \em, please?
>
> Thanks,
> Erin

Erin,

I may be missing something specific to your application, but for the R Journal, JSS and .Rd help files, package names would typically be bolded using a \pkg directive (eg. \pkg{YourPackageName}), which would bold the package name within the braces.

If you are doing this outside of those environments, you can duplicate the effect by using \textbf{YourPackageName}, which would bold the text within the braces only.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz