[R] optimization subject to constraints

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Mon Aug 9 19:25:40 CEST 2010

        To find every help page containing the term "constrained
optimization", you can try the following:

library(sos)
co <- findFn('constrained optimization')

       "Printing" this "co" object opens a table in a web browser with
all matches sorted first by the package with the most matches and with
hot links to the documentation page.

writeFindFn2xls(co)

       This writes an excel file, with the browser table as the second
tab and the first being a summary of the packages.  This summary table
can be made more complete and useful using the "installPackages"
function, as noted in the "sos" vignette.

       A shameless plug from the lead author of the  "sos" package.
       Spencer Graves