[R] coef(summary) and plyr

moleps moleps2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 00:39:42 CEST 2010

Upon reading the plyr documentation that was the distinct impression I got and I´m glad that "whatever expectations  I had developed regarding plyr" were fulfilled. Thx for the input Hadley.

 Maybe this is a cumbersome solution, but it works..

And Matthew, I will most definitively look into the datatable library.

mydf <- data.frame(x1=rnorm(100), x2=rnorm(100), x3=rnorm(100))
mydf$fac<-factor(sample((0:2),replace=T,100))
 mydf$y<- mydf$x1+0.01+mydf$x2*3-mydf$x3*19+rnorm(100)
dlply(mydf,.(fac),function(df) lm(y~x1+x2+x3,data=df))->dl

test<-function(a){
	coef(summary(a))->lo
a<-colnames(lo)
b<-rownames(lo)