[R] Choice Design -- partial profile

Marcel Gerds Marcel.Gerds at gmx.de
Wed Aug 11 13:22:07 CEST 2010

Dear R community,

I have a question concerning the generation of an experimental design for discrete choice experiments (=choice based conjoint analysis, CBC). I understand that there is an article "Design and Analysis of Choice Experiments Using R" by Aizaki and Nishimura (available at http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/air/17/2/86/_pdf). The authors use gen.factorial-function of the AlgDesign package.
My problem is that I want to generate a partial profile design that is that only a subset of attributes are shown in each choice set (say 4 of 13). However this cannot be done with the R packages I checked so far.
Does any of you know about a package which provide such a functionality or can give some hints about programming it?

Thanks in adavance.

Regards
Marcel