[R] [OT] R on Atlas library

Matthias Gondan matthias-gondan at gmx.de
Wed Aug 11 15:45:35 CEST 2010

Hi Allan,

Thank you for your response. Finally I succeeded. These were the
commands to compile Atlas and R:

Atlas:

../configure -t 4 -Fa alg -fPIC
make
make install

(-fPIC is needed to wrap some of objects of lapack.a as into a shared lib)

R:
../configure --with-blas="/usr/local/lib/libptf77blas.a
/usr/local/lib/libatlas.a -lpthread"
make
make install

Using your benchmark example, all CPUs seem to be used. It is now
working at such a high speed that I could not entirely be sure, "top"
refreshes only every 5 s.

Cheers

Matthias

--