[R] problem with Bitmap

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Aug 12 02:03:17 CEST 2010

On Aug 11, 2010, at 1:16 PM, kayj wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if I use the jpeg driver directly like
>
> one <- read.table("sample.txt",sep="\t")
> jpeg(file="sample.JPG)
> plot(V2 ~ V1,one)
>
> and it did not plot anything! why is that?

Because you did not "finish the job". Try adding:

dev.off()

> the version of ghostscript that I installed i from the following link

I am not sure what that has to to with jpeg files, since my
understanding was that Ghostscript created .ps files and had
associated facilities for .pdf doc types. But maybe I am behingd the
times,> It wouldn't be the first time.

> http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/GPL/gpl871.htm
>
> and installed gs871w64.exe

Ah, a windows user.