[R] Where the data file is stored?

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at wzw.tum.de
Thu Aug 12 09:54:53 CEST 2010

> On R I create a datafile named "data".  I can evoke it on R with;
> > data
>

> On R Commander
> Data -> Active data set -> Select active data set -> (data) OK
>
> only one data set there "data"
>
> -> View data set
> I can read it
>
> -> Edit data set
> showing 25 rows of data.  Clicking the box shows a thick border around it.  But
> I couldn't edit the data inside the box.
>
> I wonder where this datafile is stored on the OS
>
> On Ubuntu terminal;
> $ locate data.rda
> $ locate data.image
> $ locate data.images
> $ locate data.csv

You dont't tell us what you did to "create a datafile" - to me it
sounds like you created an object (probably a data frame) in your R
workspace. If that's  the case it is stored in a file called .RData in
your current work directory (together with other variables in your
workspace). If that is not what you did please give us mre
information.

BTW: R has a function called data and it is not a very good idea to
use function names as variable names.

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Lehrstuhl für Genomorientierte Bioinformatik