[R] Creating vectors

clips10 m.mcquillan at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Aug 12 18:05:52 CEST 2010

I think your code will work but only for the two columns I gave. I used those
as an example but my actual data is 200 in length with two columns and I
need code that will give a label to each unique pair but still have the
original length for instance, one that will turn  something such as

[1,] 1        2
[2,] 2        3
[3,] 1        2
[4,] 4        6
[5,] 23      1

into one vector of length 5, giving a number for each unique pair
(1,2,1,3,4) so that the same pairs get the same number.

but my actual data is of length 200 with two columns

Thanks.