[R] storing the results of an apply call

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 01:05:07 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Marc Schwartz <marc_schwartz at me.com> wrote:
> On Aug 12, 2010, at 4:07 PM, Greg Snow wrote:

I thought I had found a wondrous therapy function awhile back, but at
my appointment yesterday, freud() behaved so strangely I figured I
should see if everything was okay.  You can only imagine how hurt I
was when I realized freud() just echoed my words back to me....I just
wish I could have seen it coming ;-)

> # usual session
> freud()
How are you feeling today? I felt worn out today.
It sounds like you felt worn out today.

> # yesterday
> freud()
How are you feeling today? I am afraid I will have to wait several
centuries for the ESP package still :(
It sounds like you am afrayoud you wyoull have to wayout several
centuryoues for the ESP package styoull :(

> freud
function() {
  yousaid <- readline("How are you feeling today? ")
  out <- gsub("i|I", "you", yousaid)
  out <- paste("It sounds like", out)
  cat(out, fill = TRUE)
}