[R] R 64-bit and Revolution

TGS cran.questions at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 01:27:44 CEST 2010

I downloaded their Academic version and installed it on a Windows virtual machine (as there is not a Mac version available).

I played around with it a little bit and wasn't overly impressed. I still like my current configuration: textmate with R bundle on Mac OSX.

With textmate data entry is a breeze, executing commands is a breeze, and dealing with graphics is a breeze. Also, I can easily use textmate's Sweave bundle to produce documents.

In short, from the very little that I have tried using Revolution, my current configuration beats using Revolution.

I just need to continue working on obtaining the R skills!