[R] different outcomes of P values in SPSS and R

Leo Vorthoren L.Vorthoren at nioo.knaw.nl
Fri Aug 13 15:17:28 CEST 2010

I have been using generalized linear models in SPSS 18, in order to build
models and to calculate the P values. When I was building models in Excel
(using the intercept and Bs from SPSS), I noticed that the graphs differed
from my expectations. When I ran the dataset again in R, I got totally
different outcomes for both the P values as well as the Bs and the
intercepts. The outcomes of R seem much more likely to be the correct ones,
but I really cannot explain the differences.

Does anyone have experience with these differences?

I'm using Generalized linear models with Binary Logistics in SPSS and

glm(formula = EPO_YN ~ frequ_ind + frequ_ind2 + frequ_preFDS, family =
binomial(link = "logit"), data = w) in R.