[R] Panel regression for zero-inflated count data with over-dispersion?

Steffen Krutzinna s.krutzinna at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 13 16:12:12 CEST 2010

Hi,
my first email, I hope I don't violate any rules.
I want to run a panel (cross-section-time-series) regression with
fixed effects. I have count data (patent citations) so a Poisson
distribution applies. But I also want to control for over-dispersion
and and excess zeros. I think I read all manuals of potentially
helpful packages but I could not find a way to realise this. The
closest I got was a fixed effects poisson regression using Yves
Croissant's pglm package (panel generalized linear model). But
over-dispersion and excess zeros are still neglected. Does anyone know
a feasible way to run such a regression on R?

Thanks a lot in advance and thanks to all the help I got in the last
years by reading the archived mailing lists.

Steffen Krutzinna
(Student @ Uni. Essex)