[R] Learning ANOVA

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Aug 15 17:27:41 CEST 2010

On Aug 15, 2010, at 10:58 AM, Stephen Liu wrote:

> [...]

Try this:

save(InsectSprays.aov, file=file.choose()  # and save it in a location
that you will be able to remember.

> To load the file;
>> load(InsectSprays.rda) That would not work because you did not
>> quote the argument. The R interpreter went looking for a a
>> character valued object named InsectSprays.rda and didn't find one
>> in its workspace.

> ?

Then try this:
load(file.choose())   # and navigate to whatever folder in which you
save the file.

> I looked at ?dump and ?dput and couldn't resolve how to run them
> creating ASCII
> and text file.  Please help.  TIA
>

>>> "InsectSprays.aov" is an object - in this case probably a list.
>
>> Not "probably"; it is a list. Look at it with str if you have
>> questions.

This is just to get you started. You also need to learn how to
properly name your files in your operating system. Since it is a Mac,
you can drag a file to the console from a Finder window and a correct
text specification of the file will appear. Put quotes around it and
you cna use it as an argument to laod or as an arguemtnt to file in
save.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT