[R] when to use textConnection ??

skan juanpide at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 01:48:29 CEST 2010

Gabor Grothendieck wrote:

> Note that zoo does have the read.zoo function which can read a file
> returning a zoo object.  See help(read.zoo) .

I know, but there are many different ways to read and I wanted to know
what's the proper in my case.

For example I've seen these ones, what's the difference?

read.zoo("file.txt", sep = ",", FUN = as.chron, format = "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"

read.zoo("file.txt", index = 1:2, FUN = as.chron(paste(x[,1], x[,2]))) ,
format = "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")

I need to read from a file with this format:

date           time        value
1999-11-11 10:20:00  1.2222

thx