[R] (no subject)

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 17:45:13 CEST 2010

Kalaivani Mani <manikalaivani <at> yahoo.co.in> writes:

> R group
> Help Desk

  (We're not the "help desk" (!!)  You can buy support from various
companies if you want ...)

> I am a user of R software.  I am facing a problem while using
> "frailtyPenal" command in R.2.11.1. When I use
> these command, R closes completely without any prior alert message.
> Can I know what would be the reason? My
> data size is 7050 records with atleast 25 variables.

  R stopping, if you have not been writing your own low-level
(C/FORTRAN) code, constitutes a bug by definition -- but the bug
is in the contributed 'frailtypack' package, rather than in base
R.  Try contacting the maintainer of the package [maintainer("frailtypack")].
You will want to provide them with at least the results of
sessionInfo() , which will let them know what operating system you
are using (which may well be important in dealing with this sort of bug),
as well as the versions of R and frailtypack.

  good luck
    Ben Bolker