[R] Aspect Ratio

r.ookie r.ookie at live.com
Thu Aug 19 23:28:30 CEST 2010

Well, I had to look further into the documentation to see 'If asp is a finite positive value then the window is set up so that one data unit in the x direction is equal in length to asp * one data unit in the y direction'

Okay, so in what situations is the 'asp' helpful?

On Aug 19, 2010, at 2:24 PM, David Winsemius wrote:

On Aug 19, 2010, at 5:13 PM, r.ookie wrote:

> set.seed(1)
> x <- rnorm(n = 1000, mean = 0, sd = 1)
> plot(x = x, asp = 2000)
>
> Could someone please explain what the 'asp' parameter is doing?

You want us to read the help page to you?

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT