[R] Rserve (Anyone?)

Donald Paul Winston satchwinston at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 06:25:06 CEST 2010

REXP has an asBytes() method. Will this capture the output of an R plot
function if a proper graphics device is used? It appears R insists on
sending plot output to a file. Kind of strange since it insists on loading
all your data into memory before it can do anything.

If so then does anyone know what this would be? I prefer png or jpeg.

Example:

c is an RConnection

REXP r = c.eval("png(......); plot(1:25, cex=2, pch=c(1:25))");

Then I can write the r.asBytes() to an output stream.

(I think I already know the answer to this, just hoping I'm wrong)