[R] Fatal Error

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 07:44:33 CEST 2010

Hi Sheikh,

The error suggests that the file .RData file may be corrupted.  Unless
you have data saved in it that you need, try deleting that file and
then see if R will start properly.

Maybe it is just me, but it seems like problems with the .RData file
are happening frequently enough to possibly warrant an entry in the
FAQ.

HTH,

Josh

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:57 PM, sheik faisal <sheikh_613 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to lauch R2.8.1 version on Windows platform after closing down one session but now i get this message in an Information Dialogue Box:
> "Fatal error: unable to restore saved data in .RData".
> When i click on OK in the dialogue box, R shuts down and wouldn’t let me do anything.
> I later downloaded R-2.11.1 (the latest version), installed it and i get the same message when i run the new version.
>
> Could i get some help, please.
>
> Sheikh

Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology