[R] error heatmap and stack overflow

michy m.simon at har.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Aug 20 13:01:34 CEST 2010

Hello,
Im trying to create a heatmap with a dataset (38 x 15037) but get the
error below:

Error: protect(): protection stack overflow
Execution halted

or

Error: C stack usage is too close to the limit
Execution halted

I tried to increase the stack size by changing:

extern uintptr_t R_CStackLimit

 but my systems manager said that R by default uses all the memory
available to it from the operating system.  Our machine has 128G.  I
also use options(expressions = 100000) but I still get the above
errors.  Can anyone help?  Im I trying to change the wrong thing or is
there anything else I can do?

Many thanks,
Michy

--
Michelle Simon
Bioinformatics,
E-mail:		m.simon at har.mrc.ac.uk
Telephone:	+44 (0)1235 841031
www:		http://www.har.mrc.ac.uk/

This email may have a PROTECTIVE MARKING, for an explanation please see:
http://www.mrc.ac.uk/About/Informationandstandards/Documentmarking/index.htm