[R] which one give clear picture-pdf, jpg or tiff?

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Aug 20 13:42:30 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Ted Harding
<Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> Now that you remind me, I do recall sending EPS (not EPSI) files to
> someone and they could see them in Word (recent version). So perhaps
> Office has moved on (slightly)! Like you, I use Linux and try to
> avoid exposure to Word etc., so undoubtedly lack recent experience.

 This debate reminds me of a recent posting from the 'Clients From
Hell' web blog:

[Client sent me some complex logos (as JPEGs) in order to vectorize them.]

Client: “What exactly is taking so long? If I knew it would take so
long, I’d have done it myself.”

Me: “Vectorizing the logos takes some time because—”

Client: “Time? Renaming files from *.jpg to *.eps takes time?!”

Barry