[R] Aggregate Help

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Fri Aug 20 16:57:35 CEST 2010

Ken,

Your error message
   > Error in aggregate.date.frame(as,dat.frame(x), ...):
   > arguments must have same length
would arise if you called the 'Date' variable 'date'.
R is a case-sensitive language: 'date' is a function
object (with length 1) and 'Date' is the variable in
your data.frame Pilot (about 18000 long).  Did you
use different capitalizations of 'Date' in the with
and withless versions of the call to aggregate?

I noticed that your excerpt from the *.txt file contained
the header 'count' while Phil's code (which seemed to work
for you) used 'Count'.  One of those capilizations
must have been wrong.

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com