[R] if-else function

Laetitia Schmid laetitia at gmt.su.se
Fri Aug 20 16:34:21 CEST 2010

Hi R people!
I am looking for some suggestions writing an if-else function.
The idea is to characterize different plots containing counts of
variables (here parasites). If a plot has a count equal or higher than
4 for any parasite the function should return a 1 else a 0. Later I
can loop the function over all plots.

Here I have a little subset of my data:

VariablePAR            Plot1            Plot2
Plot3            Plot4
ParasiteA            3            1            1            4
ParasiteB            1            2            3            5
ParasiteC            2            1            1            3
ParasiteD            2            1            1            4
ParasiteE            4            1            1            1

The function should give a 1 for plots 1 and 4 and a 0 for plots 2 and
3.

Your help is very much appreciated,
Laetitia