[R] 3D stariway plot

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 02:20:46 CEST 2010

mauede <at> alice.it <mauede <at> alice.it> writes:

>  Please, is there an R function /package that allows for 3D stairway plots
like the attached one ?
>  In addition, how can I overlay a parametric grid plot??

  Not exactly, that I know of, but maybe you can adapt

library(rgl)
demo(hist3d)

  to do what you want.

  Most of the R graphics developers are unenthusiastic about 3D
graphics representations, thinking there is often a better (= easier
to actually draw quantitative conclusions from) way to present
the data in 2D (conditioning plots, bubble plots, etc.).