[R] tick marks on both sides of axis

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Aug 24 16:51:39 CEST 2010

Restoring the broken email chain. I can certainly understand why
Nabble users are often guilty of doing so at the beginning of their
participation, but after they have been around the list for a while, I
would think they should "get the message". If not then:
#--------
#-------

On Aug 24, 2010, at 10:22 AM, Kay Cichini wrote:

> ...i'm aware of par("tcl") and par("tck") but i needed tick marks on
> both
> sides of the axis - meaning to cross the axis perpendicularly -
> admittedly i
> was clumsy not just calling axis twice, like:
> plot(1)
> axis(2,labels=T,tcl=0.25)
> axis(2,labels=F,tcl=-0.25)

That results in overplotting the outside tick marks and the labels.
This would have sufficed:

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT