[R] Fwd: [R-sig-hpc] Holtman's levelplot ?

Michel Lutz miclutz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 20:56:45 CEST 2010

Hello,

As recommended by N. Gunther, I'm writing you because I have some
difficulties to create a script to track computer performance, as done in
Holtman, 2005 (Visualization techniques for analysing patterns in system
performance).

I would like to do a leveplot, with the kind of file here enclosed.

I assume I should create a matrix in R, then use the function 'image'.

As I am not familiar with the lattice package, I have some difficulties to
move ahead : I think my pb is in the creation of the matrix. I am not able
to create sthing consistent with the image function. I am even thinking I
should build my input csv file differently, but I am not sure how to do...

Is someone able to help me ?

Thank you very much !

REgards,

Michel