[R] OT: R for iPhone/iPad OS?

Wed Aug 25 23:41:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Greg Snow <Greg.Snow at imail.org> wrote:
> I believe that the iPad conditions for producing apps are incompatible with the GPL (gnuGo was removed from the apps store recently for this reason), so don't hold your breath.
>
> There may be some possibility for an app on the iPad that would access R on a server somewhere else, but that is beyond my abilities/interest.

This has come up a few times before on R-sig-mac.

Here's one:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.mac/4912

You can search that list for others discussions that have popped up to
get a feel of what was discussed about this already. If you have more
to add to the conversation, I reckon you'd get the most traction if
you post directly to that mailing list ...

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou