[R] OT: R for iPhone/iPad OS?

Brian Diggs diggsb at ohsu.edu
Wed Aug 25 23:52:59 CEST 2010

On 8/25/2010 2:23 PM, Carl Witthoft wrote:
> No, seriously:  I've had more than one person at work wonder what math
> toolset could be loaded onto iOS. So, before Matlab, FreeMat,
> Mathematia, SciLab, Octave, or numpy (:-) ) produces a version for iPad,
> any chance someone is working on R for iPad?

This has come up before and one conclusion was that there may be issues
regarding GPL software and the App Store's restrictions, or at least
design issues that would make this somewhere between difficult and
impossible.  For a much more thorough discussion see the threads:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2010-May/240669.html
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2010-June/240901.html

--
Brian Diggs
Senior Research Associate, Department of Surgery