[R] reliability of R-Forge?

Jari Oksanen jari.oksanen at oulu.fi
Thu Aug 26 10:07:09 CEST 2010

David Kane <dave <at> kanecap.com> writes:

> How reliable is R-Forge? http://r-forge.r-project.org/
>
> It is down now (for me). Reporting "R-Forge Could Not Connect to Database: "
>
> I have just started to use it for a project. It has been down for
> several hours (at least) on different occasions over the last couple
> of days. Is that common? Will it be more stable soon?
>
> Apologies if this is not an appropriate question for R-help.

Dave,

This is rather a subject for R-devel. Ignoring this inappropriateness: yes,
indeed, R-Forge has been flaky lately. The database was disconnected for the
whole weekend, came back on Monday, and is gone again. It seems that mailing
lists and email alerts of commits were not working even when the basic R-Forge
was up.

I have sent two messages to R-Forge at r-project.org on these problems. I haven't
got no response, but soon after the first message the Forge woke up, and soon
after the second message it went down. Since I'm not Bayeasian, I don't know
what to say about the effect of my messages.

Cheers, Jari Oksanen