[R] Again: wget parameters

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Fri Aug 27 12:22:15 CEST 2010

Thanks again, Gavin.

Gavin Simpson wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 11:43 +0200, [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team
> wrote:
>> Thanks Gavin.
>>
>> Gavin Simpson wrote:
>>
>>> Unfortunately, binaries are not available on CRAN for MacOS X and
>>> Windows, though Prof. Brian Ripley provides a binary for the later - see
>>> the link on the RCurl page on CRAN:
>> Installation of the source worked like charm by using R package
>> installer after installing bitops.
>>
>> Just one question. I get this message after installing RCurl:
>>
>> installation of package 'RCurl' had non-zero exit status
>
> Probably that it didn't install properly. Have you tried:
>
> library(RCurl)
>
> I suspect it won't work as it didn't install.

Well, library(Rcurl) throws no error. It seems to me that Rcurl installs
fine. I've even tried to access your zipped file but of course
authentication fails!

> Next step will be to post the output from R when you do:
>
> install.packages("RCurl")

It fails, I suspect this is the expected behavior as there is no RCurl
binary at CRAN: package ‘RCurl’ is not available.

But Package Installer at R 2.11.0 GUI 1.33 Leopard build 32-bit (5582)
does the work pretty well: it downloads and compiles the sources and
only some warnings and this...

installation of package 'RCurl' had non-zero exit status

appears during the process.

> as somewhere in amongst that will be reason why installation failed.
> Note the system reqs. for RCurl:
>
> SystemRequirements:	curl (version 7.14.0 or higher) http://curl.haxx.se
>
> so you need this installed and the development headers for curl
> available (on Linux this would usually be in a curl-devel package
> provided your linux distribution, but I don't know where or what this
> would be on MacOS X.)
>
> You might want to move this to the R-SIG-Mac mailing list as they will
> be best placed to assist with installing this package from source on
> your system.

Thanks. I'll move this thread to R-SIG-Mac mailing list although
installation seams to work fine!

Greetings,

Ricardo

--