[R] Calculating p and q values with R

Peter Dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 10:04:59 CEST 2010

On 08/28/2010 03:10 AM, ndar wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a huge dataset (53 million records). I have to calculate the p and q
> values of my data. How can I do it in R or perl? I have downloaded R (I'm
> completely new to R). and the package qvalue but I don't understand how can
> I call/use qvalue package with R. When I type library(qvalue), it gives me
> an error that this package doesn't exist. What should I do?
> Thanks!

Looks like you didn't _install_ the package. Ch 13 in "An Introduction
to R", which comes with R, and which you probably should at least skim
through anyway.

Apart from that, there is a tutorial to qvalue on CRAN which you should
probably read; likely also references therein.

It is not clear from your message how good your theoretical
understanding is. For matters of this character, I'd say that if it is
not very good, you need professional assistance beyond what can be
expected from the mailing lists.

--
Peter Dalgaard
Phone: (+45)38153501