[R] Q about package Icens: change the color of the shading in plot function

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Aug 31 05:41:30 CEST 2010

On Aug 30, 2010, at 11:25 PM, David Winsemius wrote:

> On Aug 30, 2010, at 10:58 PM, Mendolia, Franco wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I want to use the Icens package for analyzing interval-censored
>> data. This code from the manual gives me what I want.
>>
>> library(Icens)
>> data(cosmesis)
>> csub1 <- subset(cosmesis, subset=Trt==0, select=c(L,R))
>> e1 <- VEM(csub1)
>> plot(e1)
>>
>> However, I would like to change the color of the shading from green
>> to something less green, say gray. Any ideas how I could do that? I
>> looked at par, but I wasn't able to find what I need.
>
> methods(plot)
>
> getAnywhere(plot.isurv)
>
> (The polygon calls are hard coded and do not accept col= arguments.)

Hack it,...add a col argument:

plotisurv <- function (x, type = "eq", surv = FALSE, bounds = FALSE,
shade = 3,
      density = 30, angle = 45, lty = 1, new = TRUE, xlab = "Time",
      ylab = "Probability", main = "GMLE", ltybnds = 2,
col="green", ...)

And then in the body .... change:

                    border = FALSE, col = "green")

to: