[R] online documentation only?

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 07:07:03 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Bob McCall <rcmcll at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the replies. I tried help.start() and ?foo but my browser opened
> and was blank. It just said can't open site as I was offline. Must be my
> system. I'll try again. Maybe I can get it sorted out. Maybe the install was
> bad.

I have seen this happen on non-internet-connected computers.

If this is Firefox, go to the File menu and uncheck "Work Offline",
and then try again. (Firefox is being oversmart and automatically
entering "Work Offline" mode because there is no internet connection).
Other browsers presumably have something similar.

-Deepayan