[R] simultaneous estimation

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Aug 31 17:00:37 CEST 2010

On Aug 31, 2010, at 10:35 AM, <Murali.Menon at avivainvestors.com> <Murali.Menon at avivainvestors.com
 > wrote:

> Hi Duncan,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Indeed, independent normal errors were what I had in mind. As for
> variances, if I assume they are the same, would a 'pooled model'
> apply in this case? Is that equivalent to your suggestion of
> concatenating x(1,t) and x(2,t)?

Wouldn't this be equivalent to a segmented regression analysis that
would estimate the slopes in the two periods as mu(1) and mu(2), throw-
away any level shift estimate at the join-point,  and which then
estimated the residual one-lag autocorrelation (again omitting the
join point) and assigned that value to "d"?

--
David.