[R] How to Adaptively Set Up the Coordinate Range of Multiple Graphs in One Figure

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Tue Aug 31 21:17:04 CEST 2010

The best approach is to calculate the limits before doing any plotting and set them appropriately.  You could use your loop to compute y, but instead of calling lines, store the values, then use a function like matplot (or ggplot2 or lattice) to do the plotting.

If you really need to change the limits after the fact (again it is better the other way), there is the zoomplot function in the TeachingDemos package, the 2nd example on the help page does what you describe.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org