[R] vglm

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Aug 31 22:08:44 CEST 2010

On Aug 31, 2010, at 3:20 PM, choonhong ang wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> could anybody help me to understand what is this error means ?
>

> mydata=read.table("C:/Documents and
> Settings/angieb/Desktop/CommercialGL/
> cl_ilf_claimdata.csv",header=TRUE,sep=",")
>> names(mydata)
> [1] "ILFTable"    "liabLimit"   "AnnAggLimit" "DedAmt"      "Loss"
> "TIL"
>> fit=vglm(Loss~1,pareto1(location=alpha),trace=TRUE,crit="c")
> Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : object "Loss" not found

Without looking at the vglm documentation, my first guess is that this
might have succeeded had you included a, data=mydata, argument. That
is pretty much standard practice in R regression functions. "Loss" is
not an R object but rather a column name inside mydata.

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT