[R] Error bars in lattice barchart with groups

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Wed Dec 1 09:38:35 CET 2010

Henning Wildhagen wrote:

> i want to plot gene regulation data in a lattice barchart. To illustrate
> the problem i encounter, the following code uses the "barley"dataset:

> #No, i tried to add error bars using the following code:
> ..

As Deepayan noted in

# http://markmail.org/message/oljgimkav2qcdyre

it's not easy without dissection barchart. The omission of bar charts with
error bars is probably by design, because of the bad ink-to-info ratio.
Nevertheless, I had to do it over and over, because big bosses love it
because of the high ink content. ggplot provides a way out:

http://had.co.nz/ggplot2/geom_errorbar.html

Dieter