[R] draw categorical histogram

Andrew Miles rstuff.miles at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 22:51:37 CET 2010

Phoebe,

In addition to the barplot method below, you really can use plot() to
draw what it sounds like you are looking for IF you have a categorical
variable.  To illustrate, try running the following code:

x=sample(c("Richard", "Minnie", "Albert", "Helen", "Joe", "Kingston"),
50, replace=T)
x=as.factor(x)
plot(x)

See also ?plot.factor